if u r married ..

how did ur dh 'pop the question'?

san78

Asked by san78 at 7:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• LOL in the shower.   Later we drove to Brum and went shopping for an engagement ring in the Jewelry Quarter.

The OP will know what I'm talking about.  wink mini

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I was in the kitchen and my son (age 7 at that time) came into the kitchen with a small gold foil wrapped box. He said "This is for you". I was a bit nervous as I was suspecting that a proposal might come soon, but my son has autism and can get into things he shouldn't. I took the box and I stepped into the living room where my now DH was sitting. I looked at him and held up the box. I didn't say a thing. He said "Well, open it." I did. I unwrapped the box and saw the jewelers box underneath the gold foil. I lifted the lid to the white jewelers box and saw the black velvet jewelry case underneath. I looked up at him again and he smiled and nodded, indicating for me to continue. I lifted the the lid to the black jeweler case and saw a beautiful ring. My mouth opened and I looked at him. He said "So, will you marry me." I jumped on him and began kissing him and hugging him and I began crying.(cont)
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I then grabbed my son and hugged him. He took the ring from the box and put is on my finger and I alternated between hugging and kissing him and hugging my son. After about 10 minutes, my DH said "well, I am thinking this is a yes but you still really haven't answered the question". I laughed and said "YES!".
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:45 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• At home while we were watching Love Actually! He had written his proposal on a plate and then put a scoop of ice cream on top! While I was eating the ice cream I say letters and basically wiped the ice cream off onto the floor to read it! LOL When I was done he was holding the ring for me :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We had been talking about it for several years and then when the time "felt right" he dragged me down to the court house. Heh.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• we had been talking about it for a while, but he never really asked me until the easter before our oldest was born. my side of the family was having a huge get together as usual so he got up the nerve to ask me in front of everyone. we didn't have the money for a real ring all the money we did have was going to the baby so he made a ring out of cake and even frosted it like it was a diamond engagement ring. i was the best ring i have ever gotten. it tasted pretty good to.
    riss280

Answer by riss280 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He was in the army at the time and was going to put in to go to germany. He told me he wanted me to go with him. I said, only if we are married. So we got married.

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• He didn't. I asked him while we were on a double date his senior year of high school (I was a sophomore). We were sitting in the backseat of his friend's car on the way to the movies or WalMart or something and I looked at him and said "Marry me?" That was 4 years ago. We got married a year and a half later, right after I turned 18. Now we're getting divorced after I find a place.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nope we just kinda decided together right after he bought our first house.
    It was .... I think we should get married (me)
    ok... lets go pick out a ring
    alright
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We picked out a ring and he proposed in my parents basement when we were watching a movie!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2010