any one else with this problem?

my daughter goes off with her dad every other weekend. and everytime she comes back she never comes back in the clothes i put her in to leave. im always buying nice (as much as i hate it pricy clothes) and when she comes back shes wearing nasty handme down from like 1979. i have no problem with handme downs or thrift store clothes but that not what i buy her. Im so aggrivataed. and to top it off he never bring her back in her coat let alone A coat. shes sick like atleast once a month, idont know were he takes her or what they do. but is there a way i can take her to the doctor every time shes sick and take him to court to prove shes in bad health and use that against him?

vadasmom

Asked by vadasmom at 9:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• start sending her back in the clothes he sent her home in. get an other coat and tell him to keep it at his house. you can not prove that he is making her sick. going out without a coat will not make you sick you have to be exposed to the germs. so I wouldn't even try that.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I like Lyndall's advice start sending her back in the clothes her father puts her in.   I do not understand this is really a big deal, is there something else that is really bothering you??

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I don't know if you can use it in court but I would document any concerns you may hve.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree with cuddlek on the coat situation. That's not acceptable that she's not wearing a coat.

As for the nice clothes... we always send my husband's daughter to her mom's house in what she came back in. Underwear and all. If the weather has changed drastically, I send her in older clothes. Anything I wouldn't mind not getting back. We've lost a few outfits over the last 2 1/2 years, but now I know to never send her to her mom's house in cute clothes!

One thing I do to make myself feel better about the ratty clothes is that I always paint her fingernails and toenails right before she goes to her mom's house! (every other weekend) It's a fun bonding thing for us and it's a passive-aggressive way to show that we take great care of her. It's always chipped or a different color when she comes back. We just take it off and re-do it together. It's become our step-mother/daughter thing and I love it! =)
    mmw1053

Answer by mmw1053 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008