Am I acting "too old"?

I went out with a few girlfriends last night to celebrate a birthday. I didn't drink because I'm pregnant and I don't really drink anyways. But, I'm sitting there we're all 25 or older and we're at a club and I'm like "I've really just outgrown this lifestyle." I know I might sound like such a wet blanket, but I'm just done with that. I am happily married, 2 kids and 1 on the way. Everyone there was married. Why are we celebrating a birthday like this? The girls were all flirting with other men and getting them to buy drinks. We didn't get home until 4. Am I acting too old? Is it normal for me to want nothing to do with that lifestyle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh NO!!! You are acting like the mature, responsible MOTHER and wife that you are!! I was exactly the same way!! I never cared much for the club scene/meat market when I was single, let alone when my bridesmaids took me out to one for my bachelorette party! All going out to a nightclub did was reinforce that I was soooooo ready to be married and settle down!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Naw i am the same way, i am 28 now, but i never did like going out and parting at all.
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If you are than I am really old! LOL We keep a dry house and I am not crazy about bars - loud noice, too much smoke etc and I am only 34!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No I wouldn't say your too old. Your just not interested in Partying the way that they're partying. Guess you could say it just isn't your thing.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No..not all. You've grown up. And you're content with your life the wat it is. I am 27, i don't drink..smoke...go to clubs...loud noise gives me a headache. People out grow the club scene in their own time.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 8:44 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No! You are responsible and mature. I am the same way and have been for quite awhile now. I wasn't much of a fan of the clubs to start with but now, I only go if it's a special night with my husband (we went for our anniversary). I don't drink, it's rare my husband drinks... I think at some point, we just moved past the wanting to go out and party.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Sounds like you have grown up! Wouldn't your mama be so proud of you. I don't care and didin't ever care to do that scene when I was younger I say good for you
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I am with everyone else. I just don't c the point anymore. It is more trouble than it is worth
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yup, just mature. I've never been a party girl either. The only thing I ever found bars good for was playing pool.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:01 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We all have to grow up sometime!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 15, 2010