My 10 1/2 month old still spits up like she did before I had to switch her to soy formula. It was ok for awhile but last couple months she has been spitting up. Could it be too much food? How many bottles typically should she be getting a day and would that help stop the spit up?

With the sitter she gets 2 bottles and then one at home right before bed. When she is with us she only gets one mid morning and one before bed. Last night it was projectile vomit

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was feeding my son two cups per day one in da morning and one at night. My son was also eating solids like cheese and yogurt to suppliment.
    christian0425

Answer by christian0425 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I KNOW yolu aren't suppose to switch to milk until they are a year... but my mom was telling me last night that with my sister they switched her to milk at around 10 months because she was spitting up so much all the time from formula... well the spitting up stopped right away! You could try it for a day and see if it helps.. if not, go back to the formula.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• She needs at least 17 ounces of dairy/calcium sources a day, from formula and/or dairy foods like yogurt and cheese. This is to prevent problems with her bones. My DS still spit up for awhile after starting solids, but I don't remember when he stopped for good.
    cletus

Answer by cletus at 2:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2008