Always sick

I have been sick every two weeks for the last two months with strep 3 cultures came back positive. Now I am sick again but the culture came back negative. I feel like crap and have 2 young kids and my Dr doesn't seem to care to find out what is wrong with me I saw him yesterday and he just said oh its bad timining and you might have just been undertreated for whatever is going on he gave me a medicine called avelox thinking i have a sinus infection but i am nursing and cant take it while doing so. Anyways my symptoms are earaches constantly they feel like they are going to fall off, headaches, stiff neck, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I dont know what to do I feel like complete shit and just want to feel normal again.
Do any of you know why i could possibly feel like this? Also has anyone actually taken avelox while nursing? Thank you

malibu79

Asked by malibu79 at 9:01 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Health

• If you've been taking antibiotics or having lots of infections its cuz the bad vs the good bacteria in your body are out of whack. Eat yougurt everyday. Grapefruit seed extract-available @ a health food store is wonderful for strep & a wide array of illnesses. Whenever we start to get the sniffles I throw some drops in some oj, it has a really strong citrus taste so mix it w/ something strong & mix it well. I also sometimes mix it w/ Airborne. I'd avoid the antibiotics while nursing if you can, give your body the tools to fight it & let it. Also get @ least 20 mins of sunshine every day & do some light exercise even though you feel like crap. Its what your body needs to make you better. GL!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Look around your home environment and see what could possibly be causing all of this I grew up with constant Strep moved out when I got of age and I got to control the temp at my own home no more sore throats. See if you might possibly have some mold growing somewhere, cigarette smoke will give me one now and so will sunflower seeds if I eat them all the time. Look into what you are eating, what is around your home, sometimes even being around car fumes will make me sick like being at the demos. Is it too cold where you're at play around with things and see if maybe you might be eating too much salt like I said sunflower seeds will give me one. I hope you can figure out what is bothering you. I know drs can be a pain in the butt not listening to us. Good Luck!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• with your symptoms, I say go to an ENT instead of your primary care doctor.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If your doctor isn't doing what you need find another doctor.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• get a second opinion
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• and GL
    san78