Would you eat chicken enchiladas at a wedding that you know have been sitting out for several hours before refrigeration?

I have some friends that are getting married on Monday at 6pm. My friend Joe started cooking yesterday and didn't plan ahead. So....the enchiladas were sitting on their coffee table all day yesterday while he and his fiance tried to find a place to refrigerate them before the wedding.

I have had food poisoning before and I'm thinking of going to the wedding and not eating the food (quietly and discreetly throw it in the trash) What would you do? Would you eat the food? Would you warn other unsuspecting guests at this wedding? Yikes!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I wouldn't eat them either.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't eat it! I'd warn, discretely of course those you care the most about & know can keep their mouths shut so this doesn't ruin her wedding. I'm not gonna get food poisonining if I can avoid it!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• What are you going to do go around to people at the wedding saying "Pssst those enchiladas weren't refridgerated properly"? Just eat the enchiladas. It'll be fine.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nope I would not my stepdaughter and her Mother prepared food for a baptism that had been sitting out for a long time I wouldn't eat it because I know food can only be out for 2 hours then it has to be tossed since I work in food service i know what can happen and it might not be that you get sick the next day either it could be a few weeks even down the road I have learned and then peeople wonder what they ate or what's up. I don't know if that was me about warning other guests thats a tough one I wouldn't want others to get sick that's for sure how to handle that. I night say something like I heard the foods been sitting out for a while I wonder if it's safe or something like that.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No thank u! I wouldn't risk food poisoning, yuCk
    tarver_kathryn

Answer by tarver_kathryn at 9:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• throwing upI wouldn't eat them either

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nope
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I probably would not eat any of the food.

Answer by louise2 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• id probally just eat the cake :D
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't eat them, and I wouldn't let my husband or son eat them either.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2010