I am sick of vacuums having short life spans! What do you use that works for you? I need a new one once again!!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Love our Dyson! Dyson's are more expensive, but they work great and have a full 5-year warranty, so you'll get at least 5 years out of it (unless you do something to destroy it yourself, lol). We've had ours about 3 years and have had no problems with it at all. To me, it's well worth the money.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:01 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I used to go through at least 1 vacuum a year. I finally got a dyson 4 years ago and it works just as good now as the first day I used it.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 9:59 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have a Dyson as well - I absolutely love it. we've had it about 6 months, no problems at all.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:05 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have a Rigid shop vac we killed four of them and I was done so we bought this to make it stop! LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Try home Depot
    pinkdragon36

• I know what you mean! In the past 5 years I have gone through at least 5 vacuums that I can think of....finally I broke down and bought a dyson. LOVE IT! Best vacuum I have ever own. I have the Dyson Animal, because it is good with getting pet hair...I am so glad I spent the money on it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have been using a Eureka power plus for the past three years. The key is servicing it by cleaning out the roller ends, replacing the filters and making sure the hoses are dust bunny & crud free.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• 13 years ago I spent a small fortune for a Tri-Star Compac... we are talking $1600, yes dollars. I wanted to kill my husband. But... I haven't bought a new one since and I vacuum every day. It could suck the paint of a barn door....

Not the prettiest thing....

tristar
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2010