anyone experience hip pain around 24 weeks?

I just noticed that my right hip hurts a little when I sleep on it. Is that a normal thing? I always hear about back pain, but not hip pain.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That was normal for me. Now if I sleep on one side to long it hurts really bad when I wake up and all through out the day. I am no longer pregnant and it seems like it has gotten worse now.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Are you having a boy ? Carrying low comes with major hip pain you haven't felt the worst yet take lots of baths to help with the pain.
    DACIA79

Answer by DACIA79 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Because hip pain is caused by the normal physical and hormonal changes of pregnancy, prevention of this uncomfortable sensation is improbable. However, medical experts suggest ways to minimize the pain and discomfort. According to the American Pregnancy Association, gentle stretches such as those used in yoga may be helpful for easing hip pain. Hip replacement surgery is not needed in this case. The controversial, recalled DePuy hip replacement devices should be watched out for.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2012