What is your routine like?

What is your bedtime routine like for your kids? how old are they?

mama2my2girls

Asked by mama2my2girls at 9:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• my routine is a little more lax with my 2 1/2 year old than it used to be. it's blues clues at 9 with milk and cookie. sometimes we let her stay up a little later depending on schedules, like i usually get home around 915 from work and want to see her for a little bit. but as soon as we say night night. she heads upstairs to brush her teeth, attempt to go potty, and wash her hands. then we all five hugs and kisses including the dog and she goes to bed. so usually no later than 945 in bed.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:02 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Our routine was the same for years. Before school years..............supper, relax, play with Dad, bath time, brush teeth, read books (many - our favorite thing), night night. If not in a crib they had to stay in their room. Sometimes we allowed the light on so they could look at books in bed (one had trouble settling down; one did not)

During school years........supper, homework, getting things ready for the next day, maybe a little TV, brush teeth, to bed. I always sat with each of them for a few minutes once they were in bed. Just something I wanted to do. Again, one had trouble settling down and he could put his pillow near the door if he wanted so he could look down the hall, but that didn't happen too much.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:10 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My son is 2..8:00 bath, 8:30 get dressed and brush teeth 9:00 bedtime story and bed....and while my husband is doing the bedtime story, i am feeding out 7 month old a bottle, when he's done rock him to sleep put him in his crib. And then lights out!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i used to have a schedule when my 6 yr old was in school so that they both would get into bed at the same time. they would eat and then watch a movie, and around 8pm the movie goes off and i let them lie in bed and read a book (the 6 yr old likes to read to the 2 yo) then i turn lights off at 820 and they usually were asleep soon after.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I only have a gr-son over, but he likes to watch a little tv w/me have a snack and before bed he likes me to read some times. His Mom is deceased so I think I'm the only one to read to him. His Dad makes him take showers, so he also likes to take a bath here . I let himstay up on weekends w/me because I don't have him all the time so maybe 10 or so if he's not cranky he's almost 9 now.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i have my son who is 2yr and one is 5 months. their routine is put jammies on at 9 thy drink their milk i lay my 5 month old and then i go and snuggle my 2 year old in his bed huby says god night we give him his bear and in about 10 minutes he is sleeping already by the ti we gon heck up baby his sleeping too
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2010