Can you really make money at home?

Anyone know of a good way to make money at home? Everything seems like a scam. I CAN NOT do anything that involves home parties. Any good ideas?

mama2my2girls

Asked by mama2my2girls at 10:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I knit my butt off, do craft shows and have my friends over just before Christmas to finish their shopping. It is how I pay for Christmas.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:13 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It depends on what you want to do. There are tons of work at home jobs and businesses. I went with a candle business. I earn good money and love the products. I went with a business so that I could be the boss. I had to do a lot research. Some businesses want you to recruit, have parties or sell a minimum amount....and I didn't want to deal with any of that. I wanted something that I could do on my own time and in my own way and didn't require my spending hundreds of dollars to start doing. Good luck and I hope you find something!
    Becky
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:03 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Babysitting is all I know how to make money and not being a scam
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nothing that I have ever tried has worked, I just lost money doing it all.
    Everyone that tried to get you to work at home are so fake to you,
    They tell you what you want to hear, and never anything negative.
    Now I'm going back to school so one day I will have a "REAL" job.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Again, if you are looking for online jobs, the reason you think it's a scam is because you may not ever hear from the place you are applying. That is because for every one job posted, there are literally thousands of applicants. There are tons of people in my area working for calls centers from home. Don't think it's easy though. You have to have a quiet environment, you cannot be interrupted with kids and pets. You are constantly being monitored. So, not only do you have a home job, but you might also need daycare for the kids. I do have some other ideas and opportunities in my Blog: Mavi's Home Work.

If you have a local call center in your area, check with them for home possibilities.  There is also a list in my Blog for call centers that hire for home work. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:30 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• You want a JOB not a home business. That's the problem, people start looking for jobs, but end up with a business that they don't want forcing products on friends and family who don't want them.

Here is a link of actual JOBs: http://stuckathomemom.com/workathome/jobs-at-home 

These companies are just like regular jobs, there are interviews, training and an actual weekly pay check. But remember, if you don't have any skills in the real word, these people aren't going to hire you.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• well - these are not jobs but I do several things to earn a little spending money/giftcards
    Swagbucks - http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2threets - There are many ways to earn points that can be traded in for gift cards. I use the search function instead of google and earn swagbucks that I trade in for gift cards.
    Sunshine Rewards - http://www.sunshinerewards.com/signup.php?r=19055 - You can do surveys here and there are other ways to earn too. This is also a shopping site but I don't use that often. (I use ebates for shopping -
    http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=g6xPuFFqU8B4AfL08jczQA%3D%3D but not often) Both Sunshine Rewards and Ebates pay cash into your paypal acct. Sunshine Rewards also lets you trade in your points for gift cards.
    I have two other sites where I do surveys and read emails - all for points that I trade in for gift cards or cash. Send me a message through cafe mom if you want to know about them.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 4:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes, I sell on ebay. I visit thrift shops around the area and find things I know I can make a profit on. Then I list them on ebay. I've got 8 packages ready to go out tomorrow and made over $100 today.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• You certainly can make $$$ working from home. It is the trend of the future. We can no longer depend on big business. I have taken my life in my own hands. I work less for more money. I am expanding my business and need help! If you know anybody who may be interested in making extra $$ working from home, please pass along this web site. Thanks! www.greatworkplan.com/genegodwin
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 8:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010