In need of a little encouragment...

Lastnight i slept with my ex who i had still been in love with. i am a single mother, hes the first guy ive slept with since my one year old son was born. i really opened up to him by being naked in front of him and doing what we did, when im with him i feel the happiest ive ever been. Until he left and texted me saying he feels bad but he wants to be with a girl hes been talking to but he wants to be good friends. I do still love him, and i know i can treat him better then she can and will. Also i know they wont last long because his relationships last for 2 weeks. Im just really hurt because every guy ive been with has played me. I feel like its a never ending cycle...Any advice? Its very apprichiated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• He used you.. He knows how you feel about him and he used that to get laid.. Maybe you can treat him better than this other girl, but why do you think he deserves to be treated kindly by you? Have some respect for yourself.. You are better than that.. Block his number from your phone and move on..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 10:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• move on! he used you and you want to be with him?! You can do better.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Don't let yourself be taken advantage of. Think more of yourself and your little one. Do what you need to do for you and that precious baby to be happy. I hope you are not having unprotected sex. You deserve a chance to be a fulfilled person and raise your child. You can't make him want to be with you. Focus on yourself right now.....being a strong independent woman and mother. And set that example for your child. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• NOT a guy you should be spending your self-esteem and self-worth to. I know YOU have feelings for him, but since HE does not share them, he is not worth your time. Take the parts of the evening that feed YOU. It is good to have a night of passion, but don't let the hormonal feelings that go with it cloud your real feelings. There are some very good reasons he became your ex. Relish in the moment, and let him go. A relationship that will come with deep, meaningful sex is still possible for you. It will be with someone you have not met yet, and will require a long time of bonding.

Take last night as a sign that you are still a hot chick, very desirable, and ready for the next awesome thing to start heading your way!
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 10:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Awwww, this is so sad...I'm sorry.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• To me, when you sleep with an ex its like ripping off the band aid and starting the separation process all over again. I've seen so many of my friends do this, and never does it lead to anyone getting back together, just getting hurt again. I think you should be thinking of a guy who can treat YOU better, it's not your concern how people are treating him. I think the best way to get over a guy is when you start missing him, don't think of all the good things, think of the things you didn't like about him and make sure the next guy is exactly what you want. Life is too short to settle for less than what you want. Would you want your child to ever date a person like your ex or be treated as a sloppy second? You can do this mama. Good luck;)l
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Start thinking more about a guy that can treat you better and less about how you can treat him better. If you are not top on his list to be with, do not settle for second on his list. It will never work out unless you are his 1st choice. Once you find a guy who treats you well and puts you top on his list, then you can worry about treating him better than anyone else.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• well you should tell him how you feel that you want to have a relationship but if he doesnt want to dont bother & you will find someone that would deserve you & want to be with you & wont play you & yes you are better then that he dont deserve a good women like you but good luck i do hope you find what you looking for
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• There is a reason he's an ex and you mentioned a few of them. Just print your question and post it on the mirror. Let it be a reminder every time you think he's the one. He made a booty call. It was what it was. Let it and him go. Get out and meet new guys

Answer by admckenzie at 2:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well I say he will appreciate wat he had till is gone..I suggest u pretend ur okay with it and maybe b able 2 go out w friends get ur mind off things..u have a child 2 worry about..yes u love him but u can't force some1 2 love u back...enjoy ur single time mamma =) I know its hard
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:35 AM on Aug. 16, 2010