I have pergo floors and want a easier way to clean them. I love how the swiffer wet clothes smell but it takes too many and does not work well!

What have you found works well to clean floors that also saves time that is safe on pergo?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You can use a cloth pad on the swiffer that you can make out of cloth diapers and elastic and it can then be tossed in the wash. And the ingredients that make up wetjet fluid are not harmful to pets or humans as I swiffer in bare feet all the time and have yet to get sick and have a 5 lb Maltese that has never gotten sick....and snopes.com has verified that the rumors are false.

The one friend I have with pergo flooring uses a regular sponge mop and Mr. Clean orange colored cleaner. For scent - she's got Febreze and Glade Defussers around the house.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We have hard wood in parts of our house and I was always told to just use vinegar and water to wash them! Inexpensive, disinfects and they look great afterwards...
    flower0310

Answer by flower0310 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• The pleade multi surface spray is awesome....I have nothing but pergo in my house and I love that stuff....I even use the same wipes to clean all the furniture and it smells good too. Btw....I used to used the swiffer but it was just a hassle.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• we spary the floor with windex and then just use a mop to get the windex up
    MasonsMommyy

Answer by MasonsMommyy at 10:45 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• get the swiffer cleaner and put it in a spray bottle with some water spray and dry mop it up. but be careful with small children or pets because it has chemicals that are horrible for them
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'm with ya on the swiffer thing. I love that smell, but it takes 4 to get my floor really clean. I've just been buying the jumbo box from Sam's. I am sure there are other ideas, but swiffer is just so easy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Oops sorry....Pledge Muti surface wipes....Should have spell checked that....:)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I used the swiffer wet jet on ours. Those cleaning pads last a lot longer than the wet wipes. Also, I made my own cleaning solution with really watered down murphy's oil soap. We lived on a dirt road and that was the only thing that would really clean the floors.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010