Why do you think Obama didn't take care of the oil disaster faster?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:13 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Vacations, concerts, golf games, cross-country stumping on behalf of fellow Democrats....there's only so many days in a month...what's a President to do!??!? (sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• "you're guy"? Are we not all on the same team here? That's the funny part. No matter who the President is, we are all in America. We all want the same things.... I think.confused

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Uh, was the oil spill his fault? NO Did he have oil line tools and underwater gear to go and fix it? NO How exactly was Obama supposed to go under the water and fix the leak himself when BP didn't have the tools?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:36 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Me neither!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• True, to a point. Even though I voted for Bush both times (including his father), I had NO PROBLEM pointing out their short-comings!! That's the difference!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• lovin, what did you want him to do?

and is this in response to the Katrina post?

Were people starving and dying in the streets?...come on, your better than this question

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't think it was his problem to fix. BP is the one that should have taken acre of it and paid for everything to clean it up. It was BPs mistake and it's their problem.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I couldn't resist.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• The bottom line is, it's always ok when it's your guy. You can buy the explanation when you like the president. When you aren't a fan, his explanation rings hollow.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• lovin, what did you want him to do?

Put down the damn golf clubs. Put his game face on. Go down there, help with the clean up. Get to the bottom of the federal agencies that didn't perform the proper inspections, and do some firing.

and is this in response to the Katrina post? yes
    why? because the "did George Bush hate black people" post pissed me off. Dude's been out of office for almost two years. And I never saw any evidence of racism from him (unlike our current VP and Harry Reid)

the effects of the oil disaster aren't over. I don't like how Obama just kept on vacationing, and vacationing. It wasn't a good response to the disaster, but he gets a pass from many.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2010