For Pagan's and Wiccan's.

I am looking for difference between the two religion in a list form.

I just get so stuck on choosing between the two! I want to be able to have my title.

Please help me?

Mrs.Robey_4ever

Asked by Mrs.Robey_4ever at 11:21 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know exactly how you feel! It's not so much about having the title, is it? It's more about figuring out if Wicca is more "you" or if you like something with less structure and more possibilities, isn't it? At least that's what it sounds like to me. I personally think that Wicca is a good place for people interested in Paganism to start, because for one thing, there are so many more Wiccan resources. Paganism is less structured, usually less focused on ritual than Wicca, and covers many different "denominations" of beliefs. I started out Wiccan because I had several Wiccan books and that's the path I was introduced to Paganism with when I was a kid. Over time, I started realizing that I'm more eclectic because I started finding things like Shamanism, Druidism, Asatru, etc. that interested me, as well, and I started incorporating some components of those into my life and practice. I'm also a practicing witch (continued)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Maybe....just a thought....but if you don't know all the ins and outs enough to decide between them then maybe you shouldn't be making the choice just yet. Perhaps maybe try doing research and things for both till you are comfortable within yourself to make a formal decision.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:23 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Okay, hon, this is really not that complicated... I think you are just over thinking. lol!

Unlike Paganism, Wicca has a structure - specific beliefs, traditions & "guidelines" like any other organised religion. IF you share those beliefs, traditions and live by those "guidelines" then you are Wiccan. If you do not, byt you are some form of Pagan. Chances are you are a Pagan who pulls from Wicca, but unless you fall in to those guidelines you aren't technically Wiccan...

Read this over - The Basics Of Wicca

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:45 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Um, All Wiccans are Pagan, but not all Pagans are Wiccan.

Pagan is an umbrella term, there are as many flavors of pagan as there are ice creams ( and probably more)
    Wicca is a specific branch of paganism, that follows Gerald Gardner's teachings ( well Gardnerian Wicca does, but there are also other flavors of Wicca, like Alexanderian)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca
    mommaoftwo

Answer by mommaoftwo at 11:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• forgot to add, technically the only religions that aren't pagan, are Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, anything that isn't an Abrahamic religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism
    mommaoftwo

Answer by mommaoftwo at 11:30 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Who needs a title? I mean really, why be in a hurry to have a label? Just be patient, continue to do your research, meditate over it, and then in the end you will know your path without over-thinking it and making the wrong choice by accident (and being unhappy with it later on). These things take a lot of time and shouldn't be rushed. If you don't really know which path to choose right now, it's because you are not ready to choose a path yet. You can always just say you are Pagan until you know for sure which Pagan path is best for you.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• and because of that, a lot of people think I'm Wiccan. If you want, I have a group for people who are new to Paganism and/or are just interested in learning more. It's not very active at the moment, but you're more than welcome to come by and see what's there. There are also a few other groups here that might be able to help you, like the Wiccan groups and the Pagan groups. I can get links to all of them for you, if you want. Just send me a message or reply back here and let me know because I'm going to keep checking this post. I've been where you are and I know how frustrating trying to figure out exactly what you do and do not believe can be. Also, if you ever want to just talk to someone about all of this, you can send me a message or something. I love talking about religion. I hope you find the answers you're looking for, and I hope that I said at least one thing that was helpful for you. Good luck!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• pagan is the belief in multiple gods suck as your Greeks Egyptian Norfolk. A lot of your mythology based on pagans
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• such*
    natasha86

• Think you Sabrina! Are you referring to the 13 "rules" I have read them before. i will read the article you posted.

To everyone else, I know a lot about both religions, i have studied both for two years now. I just didn't understand how they were separate when they have so much in common.

So basically what I get from the responses so far that actually gave info, Pagan is like a "group of religions" like they don't follow specific rules and you can basically believe what you choose inside that group of wide ranged beliefs. Where Wicca is one of the specific religions that fall in the Pagan group, and you actually have kind of like "commandments" that you believe and follow during your religious practices and throughout life. At least that is the only difference I am picking up on. Which I pretty much already knew, and it just seemed to simple that this was the only difference. Guess I am looking into it too much =)
    Mrs.Robey_4ever

Comment by Mrs.Robey_4ever (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010