i am 42 years and i found out on 30/07/10 08/that i was 4weeks pregnant. on 08/08/10 i started spotting up to now. is this normal? i went to my family doctor and even to emergency without any help or any answer. i really need this baby its my first. can you help? thank you adult content

zoey147

Asked by zoey147 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, I spotted a couple of times in early pregnancy. It really freaked me out, but it was normal, especially after sex. If the doc says you're fine, trust it. Definitely take it easy until the spotting stops.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 11:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I understand your concern. But if 2 doctors have done a thourough exam & say the baby is okay, then try to relax & believe them. I also spotted early in both my pregnancies w/ my boys. Just don't overdo things for a while, and keep regular appts. w/ your OB-GYN. Good luck to you both. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It could be that your uterus is stretching and there is usually some spotting. I had my first at 39yrs and 2nd and last at 43yrs. It happened with both. Please go back to the ER and DEMAND an ultrasound. What did the dr say? He should be able to see the sack and the fetus by now. Given your age- you are high-risk. Be your own advocate - and dont back down until YOU ARE SATISFIED!
    connie45

Answer by connie45 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i had bleeding in the begining of this pregnancy and everything is fine .are you cramping or anything . i would deff find an ob and make sure tho .good luck i hope everything is good
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Did they do ultrasounds or listen for heartbeats? If the baby looks okay and has a good heartbeat then I agree that you just need to take it easy. Spotting may be your body's way of telling you you're overdoing it. I started spotting around 7 weeks in my first pregnancy. Dr did a US and found an empty sac, so we knew there was nothing we could do. Even my friends that have had viable pregnancies then had something happen couldn't do anything to stop it. If a miscarriage starts to happen early in the pregnancy, there usually isn't anything that can be done. I know how hard it is to deal with, but know that if it does happen, it isn't your fault and couldn't be helped. Good luck mama. I hope everything is okay!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 11:45 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I wish you the best of luck!!!!!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I spotted & cramped a little with all 4 of my babies, so I new it was normal. However, when I was 41, I found out that after 14 years of trying, I was pregnant with baby #3. I spotted & cramped just like I did with the first 2, but because had waited for so long to get pregnant again, & because of my age, I was petrified of losing it. I kept calling my Dr. & they kept reassuring me that it was normal to spot & cramp some in early pregnancy. (I ended up having a wonderful pregnancy & had another one 12 mos. later) Try to stay clam & don't worry. It is normal & if your Dr. has checked you & said you & baby are OK, then relax & enjoy your pregnancy!. Congratulations to you & Best Wishes for a wonderful pregnant & beautiful & healthy baby!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• hey cafemoms, i lost the baby sunday night after passing blood clottes we went to the hospital and was told that i have fibroids and the baby is gone. i am in pain and trying to live each day at a time.
    zoey147

Comment by zoey147 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2010