Has anyone gone and seen the movie "Eat, Pray, Love"? If yes, what did you think of it?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• I've been looking at this question since you asked it hoping someone would answer it. I was planning to read the book then see the movie either in theaters (if it was still there after the book was read) or when it comes out on dvd. It looks good and I've heard good things. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Not yet, but can't wait! I love Julia Roberts!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I haven't seen it yet, which I know doesn't help with your question, but I've heard it was amazing as well as the book. I really want to see it, fingers crossed for next week.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no sorry
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I went to see the movie today (matinĂ©e $5.00) with my mom. I absolutely loved the movie, but I also really like Julia Roberts too.

My mom didn't like the movie as much as I did. But then again she doesn't care for the book either. She thinks that the book is too depressing and thought the movie was a bit too serious. She said it was good but I just don't think it was her cup of tea! Mom did make the comment that she thought it would take a lot of courage for a woman to travel to the other countries not knowing the languages.

I think my mom learned something from me though. I expressed to her that I would be that woman because I would love to do what she did in the movie even though I really really do not like to fly. I would do it for the same reasons as she did. Mom didn't have too much more to say about it.

More too come...
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• To me I could relate to the character completely. It teaches you a knew way to look at your life as a woman and a person. She goes thru real sole searching, self discovery, learning a balance of life and self, appreciation for others along with the different aspects of life and culture of the other countries she travels too. There are many quotes and statements made during the movie that were extremely appealing to me. Another aspect of the movie that ties in to everything is learning how to come to peace with ones self, forgive ones self and a realization of the importance of ones self.

It is really hard to explain but for me I could 100% relate and someday I will take a trip like this. It is a movie that I would recommend to any and all women to see. It is a movie that I would be willing to see again.

I also came away with a little bit more of an understanding of myself and why sometimes I desire too travel...
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010