Day Care

Dose any one know of any day cares that are good ? I live in IL and i just wanted to see what day cares you other moms use? Thanks

artzone

Asked by artzone at 11:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I live in KY but I send my 17 month old to Montesorri School and they are amazing with him, he seems to love it:) It costs a little more than regular day care but is well worth it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I live in IL. Bright Horizons has good daycare centers. They have many locations, just visit there website. I'd also look into home daycares. I have had my DD in a home DC for 3 years, and have been very happy. Make sure it is licensed. Centers are nice, but EXPENSIVE!!!! IL also has Tutor Time, La Petite, Kindercare, and Children's World.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't know of any specifics in your area (I'm in Montana) but I have an Elementary Education degree and have worked in preschools and now do my own out of my home. I have studied and strongly believe and support the Montessori and Reggio Emilia techniques. Just make sure you meet with the person (not just the owner/directer of a center) that will be caring for your child and make sure you are comfortable with them. Ask for references from other parents. And stay involved. Any place that does not welcome you to drop by whenever for lunch or help with activities usually is trying to hide something! They should be willing to have you drop in at any time, not only with an appointment or during standard drop-off and pick-up times!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 12:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010