How to get husband to support me when I can't move and I can't function.

I have placenta previa. I'm 39 weeks pregnant, yeah, almost there. anyways, he's totally not supportive. He still asks so much of me, I'm always EXTREMELY fatigued, this isnt my first child, its my 2nd, but this pregnancy has been very hard. there are days i really cant function, and he expects so much, doesnt help at all around the house, all he does is get groceries. its good, but i need more help. he doesnt help at all around the house, or clean after himself. never washed a dish in his life. i dont ask much of him, but the most thing that annoys me is that he doesn's support me at all. he'll keep asking for more. i dont get it. when i cant i just CANT.

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ooh. i had that as well, but i think it cleared up by that time, i fyour fatugied, don't do a damn thing. if he wants something, tell him to get it himself. only do stuff for youself if you can.
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 12:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Just do what you are able to. if he needs something, let him do it for himself... he is a grown man for heavens sake. As far as dishes, why not use paper plates and cups until you are able to function? Make it as easy for yourself as possible. Good luck.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Shouldnt you be having your c-section soon? I had placenta previa and they took the baby as early as they could in order to avoid natural labor. Girl, you are almost done. Sit on your butt and take care of yourself and just ignore hubby if that's what you need to do. The baby is more important than he is. Period! And if you still have this problem I would highly recommend having the doctor talk to him. It's one thing for you to tell him you cant' do stuff. But a doc can put a little fear into him about how SERIOUS your condition is. You may feel and look fine, but honestly you are a ticking time bomb right now. You have GOT to be careful and take it easy. Your baby is counting on you!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 2:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• do not do more than you can...and do not feel guilty about it, and do not fight about it. the stress of the fighting and the guilt is probably harder on you than actually doing the physical task!
    good luck!
    congratulations on your growing family!
    (my dh didn't get it until we had a preemie)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• thanks guys, ur right, i should just be real with him no matter how mean i feel i'm being. he is a grown man n should do things himself. he can be a spoiled brat sometimes. thanks for the support moms :) sometimes just words of support go a long way.
    fefe87

Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010