34 weeks pregnant IUGR ?

I'm really confused I went to dr. friday for u/s to check fluid levels and all they said baby weighs a little over 3lb.s but everthing looked fine amnio. fluid was good and all then m/w came in and was freaking me out she didn't say much just hooked me up to machine to monitor babies heart and movements and stuff sent me for another u/s the tech said everything looked fine m/w didn't really explain anythihng just said baby is only in 13th percentile and that I need to be seen twice a week ? she didn't mention IUGR but wrote it in my chart I am so confused I freak out enough on my own without her helping anyone have any advice or any info. about IUGR I keep googling and finding fairly vague info

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Being seen twice a week for possible IUGR is probably a good idea because it's not just one scan that can diagnose IUGR. It's how the baby changes over the next few scans. Ultrasounds, even level II ultrasounds, aren't always that accurate, so your doctor is probably just being overly cautious. My babies were at risk for IUGR so I had level II ultrasounds once or twice a week just to really keep track of what the baby was doing from week to week. If something had started to change dramatically, I would have delivered sooner. Good luck!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• its when ur baby isnt growing as fast as it should. in these cases, they're afraid that ur placenta may have an opening or be slightly damaged and the baby isnt getting enough oxygen or blood, dont worry yet, theres much they can do right now, ur not full term yet. gl! make sure u go those 2x a week,
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• They said I had that with my youngest. Make all your appointments for monitoring. My LO was born healthy and 5lbs3oz
    Simply0110

Answer by Simply0110 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'm glad she's checking and all I just freak out He had echogenic cardiac foci earlier a few months ago and the checked it an it was fine but he's been comepletley different than both my girls when Iwas pregnant with them so I don't know when everythings is going normal for him and still ok or when I should be freaking out lol thanks for the answers
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010