how to go about getting my CNA

I thought getting my CNA was going to be easier then going to college and spending thousands of dollers.plus it will take time from my 6month old.i tried nursing homes any one got any other ideas i am open to anything.

joanna10285

Asked by joanna10285 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• There are local programs that should be in your state that should just cost a couple hundred. I never heard of a CNA costing thousands since you have to renew it every 2 years. Have you tried googling CNA classes in your area?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• What's your zipcode, maybe I can help
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• go to your local community college or tech school the course is useally anywhere between 90 hours and 120 depending on the state. afterward you will take a written and practical exam at the state board and you will have your cert. and most times the nursing home that hires you will pay for the board exam. its fairly easy and the course ranges in prices but usually not too expensive. i think i paid 400 or 500 bucks.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i tried macan school of bizz but thy dont do cna only MA and as for the votech here thy charge 1thousand n u go for 1 year of schooling for ur CNA u think career link can help?
    joanna10285

Comment by joanna10285 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• You have to go to community college or private college to become a CNA. There may be waiting lists for programs and you may have to attend full time. It's better to go to community college because it's much cheaper but that's where the waiting lists may be. At the community college in my city the CNA program is the first year of the RN program. It will cost thousands of dollars.

You might think about being a phlebotomist. Some hospitals will hire people with no experience and train them. There are programs to become phlebotomy techs. My son has worked as a phlebotomist while going to school to be a medical lab tech. He has made about $11 an hour.

You should be able to get a Pell Grant to cover your tuition and have money left over if you go to a state community college.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ty i will try that gaill
    joanna10285

Comment by joanna10285 (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I am also looking to become a CNA. I have tried looking for classes in the 18042 area.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• The Red Cross also offers CNA training classes in most states.

http://www.cnatrainingclass.com/red-cross-cna-class

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010