do you like to meet your nieghbors?

I don't particularly like to know my neighbors. Well i mean i don't like to get to know them or have them get to know me. I like my privacy. I don't mind waving and having a quick chit chat but i don't like going further. anyone else like that? or are you into getting to know them and letting them get to know you?

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 12:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• finaly someone who is like me, i dont mind waving hello and having a quick "great weather" chat in the drive way but i dont want to be best budds with the people who live around me................
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I do like to know my neighbors. Makes me feel safer knowing next door. That said, I like the Dominicans much much more than the racists on my other side that are always sticking their nose in our business, calling our landlord to tell him lies, and yelling at our friends for no reason. I wish those old farts would hurry up and die.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I've never been one to get all friendly with everyone in the neighborhood, but I don't mind talking to those I have something in common with. Part of that is because of the way some people are, most don't seem to grow out of that gosspiy high school mentality. A few of our current neighbors are that way, and one is trying to spread rumors that my husband left me and that's why I'm such a b!tch. In reality, I was only rude to her one night when she was drunk and decided to ring my doorbell at 11:00 at night and try to start something with me. I didn't even know who she was until that day, but apparently I didn't wave to her once in the alley and so now she hates me. Heck, I'm usually in my own little world and rarely pay attention to the people around me. I don't ever remember seeing this woman in the alley... ever.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We are friendly with our next door neighbors, but that's about it. The most we will give is also a friendly wave, or short chit chat with other neighbors. We're not ones to really hang out with any of them.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well, we don't have many neighbors, not unless you count the cemetary across the street, so this isn't really an issue. When we've lived placse with more neighbors, we were friendly with some of them, but not most of them, and the ones we were friends with was because our kids played together and I like to make a point of knowing my son's friends' parents.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no not really , me and so stay to our selfs and only talk to our friends. dont get me wrong we will say hi but we dont go out of our way to be neighborly
    shortstuff69

Answer by shortstuff69 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We just moved and haven't had a chance to get to know our neighbors. Where we moved from we were very close to everyone on our small block of 5 houses. I can tell you that I miss that and I miss just being able to walk next door and hang out in my jammies.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I live in a very small town, everyone knows pretty much every one else and everyone else's business.
    mama2my2girls

Answer by mama2my2girls at 1:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i like my neighbors! sometimes the girls get together and work out, and sometimes we get together for cocktails. there are a few families that we get together with.
    it does make me feel safer knowing most of the neighborhood. once my son wiped out on his bike and a neighbor went to check on him, and another neighbor came to get me. i am glad my neighbors know me!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010