Why can't I get pregnant after 9 months of trying for my second baby?

It took me a year to conceive with my first baby so I thought the second time round I would get caught straight away but 9 months of trying there is still nothing. I am getting seriously frustrated and upset why it wont happen. I have had blood tests to see if I am ovulating, which I am and my husband is due to get his results from is sperm test shortly. I just dont understand why it wont happen the second time when we already have one!

Natles01

Asked by Natles01 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, seeing as I am not a physician I am purely stating my opinion. It isn't always easy to concieve, obviously you know that. Maybe you are putting too much pressure on yourselves and the stress has something to do with it? Why not relax and enjoy the process instead of just having sex to get pregnant???
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Just because you have had a baby that doesn't mean you will get pregnant quicker in the future. Since you have had infertility problems in the past that means you may always have infertility problems. It took a year the first time, it could take longer this time. It takes about 3 years for your body to recover from birth and you may not be able to get pregnant until your child is 3 or older. The World Health Org recommends waiting 3 years before ttc.

If you take your temps and chart it can help you understand your cycle and you can use Natural Family Planning in reverse to get pregnant.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I went to your profile and see that your child is 3 so that's not an issue. I wish you luck.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Maybe your trying too hard.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• how is your overall health? are you overweight? underweight? do you eat lots of veggies, little dairy and little processed foods? do you take a fish oil supplement? do you eat good fats from olive oil, nuts, and avocados? do you avoid all trans fats? any processed food that says hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated anything should go in the garbage. do you exercise regularly, and not over exercise?
    how are you handling your emotional stress? are you really stressed about trying to conceive? that can prevent conception! crazy isn't it? i love yoga and the serenity prayer for coping with stress.
    you could start seeing a chiropractor. i get adjusted weekly to keep my body functioning at its best!
    good luck!
    i also know a few people that got pregnant by taking a remedy from a homeopath.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• stop stressing and good luck, be happy with what u have!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I don't know, but my first two children took 11 months each to conceive.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010