If your husband had his ex-wife's name tattoo on the arm you...

Wake up to every morning because of how he sleeps, how would you feel? And should he get it removed before the kids are old enough to read it?

Note, he has no kids with this woman and has no contact with her what so ever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• It would be annoying, but you did know about this tattoo all along, right?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i dont think i would have married a man with another womans name on him. He would have to have it covered or removed before we married
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Obviously he had a life before you so I wouldn't be hurt or jealous..... If you are able to afford it and he is willing then of course he should have it removed. I don't understand the theory of doing it before the kids can read, they will have to understand that your husband had other relationships before you.... why such the concern?? The tattoo was there when you married him..... Is covering it up an option?? Less expensive and less painful than removal....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'd only mind if he refused to cover it up. I'd wonder why he was holding on to it.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 12:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have my 2nd husbands name on my wrist & our name in a ribbon around a beautiful heart on my chest. I've never had a problem with it.It's a part of his past.Do you think you are the only one he has ever been with?Why don't you two go together & get tattoos done.You would be amazed at what can be done.I've got my SOs name on my neck.Don't be jeolous over someone in his past.It will only cause problems and hard feelings.Feel lucky he's yours now. : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• make him get it covered, its that simple. i had my exs name tattooed right on my hip, and my bf never had a problem with it, but i got it covered so its not a big deal
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'm in the same position as secontyme520 right on my hip. My SO and I have been together for 7 1/2 years and I know that it annoys him but I don't want to have it covered. I would prefer to have it removed and I haven't had enough money to have that done. My SO knows that I had a life before him, and yes I am branded but it won't be there by the time we get married.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• laughingI have two ex-husbands who have those and their current wives find it very annoying. Both have tried to have them removed and my name won't go away! One has the tattoo down my his mini him so every time she gives him a bj she is looking at my name!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• See, this is why I'm not a fan of tattoos...later on they don't seem like such a great idea!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i could not go 4 that...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2010