My 8 1/2 month-old takes no interest in solid/baby food. Any suggestions?

Taylor has a 2 year-old sister and she seems so interested in what Payton is eating. She will only eat what I give her if I give it to Payton the same way. When I try to feed her individually, she takes a couple spoonfulls (If I'm lucky) and she wants nothing to do with it anymore. I've tried everything from commercially made baby foods to homemade. I try to encourage chewing by giving her soft table foods and she looks at me like a crazy woman when I stick it on her tongue. In the midst of this... she doesn't eat good during the day so she's hungry at night causing her to wake for late night feedings. I'm just a tad stressed because I'm trying to manage this while keeping my girls quiet for my husband when he's sleeping for night shifts. And we have a small 2-bedroom apartment and Taylor is in our room. I hate to wake him up, but I have to put her down for naps. :( Any suggestions Mommies?

cjkoret8581

Asked by cjkoret8581 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 8.5 months also and not eating solids. I personally don't see any reason to push my daughter. She is growing and thriving on breastmilk so why add empty calories and minimal nutrition for no reason. My DD still wakes 2-3 times at night to nurse too. We co-sleep so the waking is no problem for me. She doesn't cry, just rustles around and starts patting me on the chest.
    What are your sleeping arrangements with your DD? Is she in another room?
    happySAHMmomof2

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If she's not losing weight I wouldn't worry. Keep offering her food, if she's hungry, she'll eat, otherwise she's satisfied and you're doing your part :) As for late night feedings, I have no idea...
    HisGirl4304

Answer by HisGirl4304 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2008