is this really something to be fighting over?

the bf was getting ready to go this afternoon and asked if me n the kids wanted to ride. i told him i didnt really want to go if he was just going to the store and right back home. so he said that he may not come right back, and i asked him which was it going to be so i would know if i needed to get dressed and do my hair (evryone was in pjs but him), and he said he was up to me, that he just didnt know if he would be right back or not. so i told him that i needed to know bc he was ab to leave and if he was making more stops that i would need to get dressed etc. but all he says is i dont know, so im tellin him that i need to know so i can decide what to do and he gets pissy and just says F it i will be back later. im ill cuz he was acting like an ass and just couldnt say if i needed clothes on or not. n now i dont even know if he will be coming home with the car anytime soon and i dont want to sit home with the kids all day!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like some communication problems in the relationship. Not really something to fight over which probably means some other underlying issue he has.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Why didn't you have him just take the kids so you could have a few minutes of "me" time...??
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Maybe he wanted to take you to a surprise or something and didnt want to tell you about it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• sounds to me like he wanted to simple take you and the kids with him on a ride. sorry mama but you made it way mopre complicated than it had to be. a better tactic might have simply been to say"ok hang on help me get the kids ready sdo we can go" and went. by going round and round about you getting dressed, he prolly wondered why he had to be in charge of that decision. if it were me, when he got home i would apologize for being silly. :) if he has a cell, get the kids and yourself ready and call and say"sorry for being a dork, come get us please?" then enjoy the day. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Guys think that we should leave the house like they do. He's angry because you didn't leave immediately in your pajama's and run around town with him, he just doesn't get it. Men think that it's socially acceptable to have morning breath and straggly hair when out in public, it's a never ending battle. They like the way we look when we're all made up, but they don't want to deal with the time it takes to get us that way.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 12:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I can understand what you mean. I mean, really. You need to know where you are going so that you know 1) how to dress, yourself and the kids 2) what to take for the kids needs 3) to prepare if you need later naps, etc.
    He dropped the ball. If he wanted to surprise you, he should have gotten every thing ready for you.
    I would not apologize, but when he gets home say "hey, what's going on, because this morning turned into something that it really should not have turned into." Hopefully communications can be restored.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• When he gets home,sit him down & ask him what his problem was.We all get moody & stupid sometimes.Sounds like this was his day.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Next time just get dressed and go. He told you that he wasn't sure if he was going some place else. So that should tell you to get dressed and expect to perhaps go out someplace besides the store. It was a silly argument - not necessary.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It sounds like communication problems to me. My man wanted to surprise me w/ singing a song at our cookout. I thought he just wanted to play on the computer so I threw a fit and found out he was gonna sing me a song. He didnt sing which was my fault. Sometimes its best to go along with it too see what is happening
    gorvampsub

Answer by gorvampsub at 1:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Geez, the man wanted you to go. I would have gotten dressed and gone. Why turn it in to a major thing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010