Do you put your relationship with your kids first or your relationship with your spouse?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I love SO so much! But our son definitly comes first!
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Depends on the circumstances.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't have kids yet, so I can't give my personal situation, but I did recently read a book and an article talking about relationships and how your spouse should come first if you are wanting to have the best marraige possible. Oftentimes when you put your kids first all the time then when the kids leave, the couples get divorced because they have grown apart over the years in part due to children being the priority. I don't know how much is true but it was very interesting.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 12:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My children come first
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Depends I love my husband and children all in a different way. I can be myself with my husband and act silly! He's fun to be with (at times) But my children they are loved differently. No one in my family is love 1st, 2nd. or 3rd....Just loved
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 12:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Right now my boyfriend comes first
    BeautytheBeast

Answer by BeautytheBeast at 12:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My sons come first.They are adults but they will always be first.My SO is not their father.If he were,there wouln't be anything to choose.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We are a family above all else. My husband and I made our children together, and they should come first for both of us.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My family (son and fiance) are my first priority. I make a point to try and keep a healthy balance so that they both know that they are #1 in my life...just for different reasons of course:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my SO comes first, to an extent...i would never do anything to harm either of my kids for the benefit of my SO but there are certainly times when the kids need to be told to go and play so parents can have some alone time or the children can wait while you do something for your SO...if your partner is a good parent, they would never expect you to do anything that would negatively effect the kids, so it shouldn't ever be an issue that your SO comes first.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 2:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010