What time should I call my boss?

My hours/days I work each week change. On Friday, I asked my boss what days/times I am scheduled for next week. She said that she would give me a call this weekend and let me know. I have not received a call yet and I really need to know if I am working tomorrow or not, that way I can make arrangement for my son to get to school. I need to let my sister know if she needs to come to my house in the morning and watch my son. She really needs to know by 3:30 if not sooner. I know that my boss attends church but not sure what time her church gets out and I want to allow her enough time to eat and spend time with her family. I was thinking about calling at 3 if she has not called me by then. Do you think this is a good time or should I just wait for her to call me and try to make other arrangemets with my son if need be?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 12:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call her now! If you get a machine let her know you have to make arragnments for child care and you need to know what those arrangements need to be at least 24 hours before the week starts or you might not have child care for those days!!

I worked 14 years of retail management.... if we didn't post the schedule on time then people would go a head an make their plans, we'd end up with a lot of sick calls. And it's just plain rude for her to put you on hold like this!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Call her now. You are supposed to have your schedule ATLEAST 24 hours in advance of the week it starts. She is being rude and inconsiderate by not giving you your hours.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Call her now....
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 12:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'd tell my sister that I needed her, or explain your situation- If I found out later in the day that I was not working, I'd let my sister know. Better to put your sister out then to bother your new boss. Call her at 3, if you have not heard by then.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would probably call around 1 or 2.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Call her at 4:00 if she doesn't call u
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:18 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• That's good that she did not need you. I was just going to say call.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• She is probably just now getting out of church. I just started this job and don't want to make a bad impression.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I just now called and it went to her voice mail. I left a message so hopefully, she will return it soon.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• She returned my call and she doesn't need me tomorrow. Thanks ladies for your advice!

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Aug. 15, 2010