if you put flea treatment in vacuum....

I have a bagless vacuum which also has reusable filters. I would like to try ridding of the fleas in my home by putting some borax in my vacuum so they can die in the vacuum. The advice I keep getting is "put borac/flea treatment in the vacuum bag and discard immediately". Well since I don't have a bag, will it still work?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It should as long as you discard the filter and dump it in a outside trash once you are done.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would think it would clog up the filter and then not vac as well??? I used something years ago that you sprinkled on the rugs then vac'ed up, and that seemed to work pretty well. Maybe google bagless vac + flea treatments and see what comes up?? Sorry.... I'm not really much help am I!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I agree with Morgain, I think it would clog up your filter shortly after starting to vacuum.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no Morgain that WAS helpful! thanks!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010