If someone says

They aren't ready for marriage yet, do you think it's possible they ever will be?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes, sometimes they really aren't ready at that time. Maybe they want to make sure they are with the right person and/or get to a better place in life like a good job, go/finish college. Get money in savings, etc.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Sure. I wasn't ready for marriage when I was 17, 18, but I was at 19, almost 20. Most people who say that are still trying to figure out what they want out of life.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Absolutely. My husband and I were together 5 years before we got married. We had become engaged early on in our relationship. For money reasons, we put off the wedding. Then we had some relationship troubles and I wasn't ready to get married. Then we had different troubles and he wasn't ready. Then one day it just all came together that we were both ready and we set a date, planned it, and got married at the end of the year.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My husband was barely ready for marriage at age 38!! I told him it was because he was just waiting for me!! He said "Yeah...something like that!!" LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It just depends on a lot of things, age, maturity, is it really the right person, etc. It's really something you can't make happen for yourself or anyone else.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:50 PM on Aug. 15, 2010