How to deal with a picky two year old?

How do you get a child to eat other foods besides noodles and fruit, andvegetables?

vejr

Asked by vejr at 12:58 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put it in front of her. If she doesn't eat she doesn't eat. She will eventually eat what is given to her usually by the third time it is offered. Otherwise I move onto another food. If you give into your child being picky they will always be picky. Sometimes I have to force a bite into her mouth and let her decide from there. I tell her that she can't decide that she doesn't like it until she tries it. BTW mine is 25 mos and for the most part is not a picky eater b/c we exposed her to SO MANY different foods when she was a baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:25 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• if you find out let me know...lol my doctor told me that to give my dd what i give her and if she doesn't eat it move on. he said that she won't starve herself and eventually eat what she is given. my problem is that anything foreign to my dd, she gags until she pukes or spits it out. so i have decided that as she gets older, like it was with my friends son it will easier to reason wtih her and ask her to at least try stuff. i am not going to force stuff on her and give her reason to have eating issues down the line. so good luck.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 1:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i just want to say, that exposing them to different food as a baby doesn't always make it so that they aren't picky. my dd used to eat all kinds of veggies. and an array of stuff that she will no longer eat. i feel that in my case forcing my dd to eat something she doesn't like is further giving her a complex to trying new foods. she is already stressed out by it as it is. and puking at the dinner table isn't appealing to anyone.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 1:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010