I got mad now I think i may have overreacted

I pointed out this morning to my S/O that his shirt had a stain in it. He looked for his other clean clothes and cussed me out because he couldnt find it. I had a small bag laying on his hamper that I was shredding documents into. He tole me that is was stupid to do that over his clean clothes. He compalined for another twenty minutes before letting the issue go. He told me since I had the small bag over his clothes that he wanted all his clothes ironed for him. They were wrinkled when they were in the hamper before. He tried to kiss me b4 he left and i wouldnt let him. I hate when he scolds me like a child. I goy mad and told him to have a good day but I wasnt gonna kiss him. Did I overreact. After I wouldnt kiss him he talked carzy until he left.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm NOT saying that you overreacted but we have an unsaid understanding in my house that we don't go to bed angry at each other and we don't leave the house for work angry at each other.

How would you feel if something terrible happened to him at work or on his way to work?

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• He should think about things he says before blurting stuff out. But men dont think like we do. I dont think I would have kissed him either. Well hope it gets better for you.
    SexiFala

Answer by SexiFala at 10:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You should have given him a kiss goodbye however you did not over react.  He is an adult and is capable to iron and wash his own clothes.  Don't allow him to bully you, it's not your fault he got a stain on his shirt.  Maybe he needs a bib LOL  Good luck to you!!!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 10:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would not let him leave the house without a kiss but that took me awhile to be like that. I jst wouldn't want something bad to happen to him and know in my mind how we last were. He's a grown man he can wash his own clothes and learn how to talk to you.
    christian0425

Answer by christian0425 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Maybe you both over reacted. You both said and did things in the heat of the moment and realized later it was too much for what actually happened. I think he figured that out before you did when he tried to kiss you. But you were still upset. Just kiss him and tell him you love him when he gets home. Maybe call him at work and tell him you love him.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i agree with kathy- sounds like you both just had a bad morning
    marykaysauer

Answer by marykaysauer at 11:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• When I have arguements like that with my spouse,they are usually about something else.And not the little thing that started it.I'm not Freud, but it sounds to me like your husband was having control issues.He was trying to control you about the clothes, and that's why you got mad.I'd let this one go.And talk to him later when he's not mad, about something not related to this arguement.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2008