Check your credit score once a year?

There is a website, but I dont remember what it is where you can check all 3 of your credit scores once a year for free?

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• You do join the site but there is absolutely no cost to do so. You have to give them your social security number and a few other pieces of info like birthdate and address in order for them to accurately pull up your score.

You can check as often as you like, but credit scores are usually updated only once a month.
    queenbree545

Answer by queenbree545 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Actually, the annualcreditreport.com only gives you a free look at your credit reports and if you want your credit scores you have to pay. To look at your credit SCORE for free, go to www.creditkarma.com.
    queenbree545

Answer by queenbree545 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• www.annualcreditreport.com
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• PS This is the ONLY site where you can do this for free, no catches, you don't have to sign up for anything. It is the official site from the 3 credit reporting agencies. All the others are trying to get your money so don't use them unless you read the fine print about what you are agreeing to!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• not at the moment, I need to wait to pay some things off before I do I already know its crappy LOL
    sunfireprincess

Answer by sunfireprincess at 1:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• this is no joke?
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• You should have hope!! Mine was awful too, but I made a real effort to get things together and it improved faster than I expected. Little steps over time can help so don't get discouraged! My hubby and I bought a house much earlier than we thought possible because of the changes we made.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I just checked mine last week. If you do it right you can get your 3 reports over the course of a year. So your checking it every 6 months. Or you can do the 3 at one time.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Queen do you have to join that site to get scores?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• THANK yOU sO MUCH....and yea i know mine is crappy too, but last year it gave me an expected date that some things from ages ago would be off and i want to check it again! lol gives me hope for the future. lol
    Shani527

Comment by Shani527 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010