Are You Afraid of A Strange Dog Even if it's a Friends?

I'm always leary of any dog until I get to know it. I was abt 7 or so and a dog junped me and got on my back. Didn't know it then it was humping my back, just knew I was scared. My Dad heard me screaming and came out & got me. The neighbor got rid of the dog bec of that.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pets

• I'm not afraid of strange dogs but I am cautious of them. You don't know how they are raised so without even reaizing it you could be walking up to a dog who's been trained to be an attack dog. I'm a little less cautious though when it comes to a friends dog though because usually they are calling me for training advice so usually I know what their dog is being trained to do.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:20 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• no, im not scared of dogs..i grew up with dogs my whole life, now i have 3..i used to work at a vet dealing with the animals, feeding, cleaning cages, bathing walking, etc..i looooooove dogs!!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes, only because I saw my brother get attacked by a loose dog in our own yard. My moms friend had to beat the dog with a bat to get it off my brother. By brother had a lot of bite marks, some required stitches. Never got a sorry from the owner and I never knew what happened to the dog if anything at all. Really more so against big dogs.

Your story is funny though, lol.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I am cautious. But no not afraid. And btw, your friend didn't need to get rid of the dog just because of that. He was humping to assert dominance. Training would have taken care of the problem.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nope, But I can read dogs very well. I have worked with them for so long that I know alot about dog behavior and dog language
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'm not "afraid", but just cautious.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Not at all. I am cautious with my Chihuahua because he could be a big dog snack.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I can't stand dogs either - got attacked as a young child, too. Once I get to know a dog, I am fine with it. I definitely prefer cats, though.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No, I am rarely afraid of a dog but I didn't have an experience like you did.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 1:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010