Would you take a pill to change your babies sexual orientation?

A hormonal treatment to prevent ambiguous genitalia can now be offered to women who may be carrying such infants. It's not without health risks, but to its critics those are of small consequence compared with this notable side effect: The treatment might reduce the likelihood that a female with the condition will be homosexual. Further, it seems to increase the chances that she will have what are considered more feminine behavioral traits.

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-adrenal-20100815,0,5576220.story

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I read about this too. There's no way I would do that. I could barely make myself take a Tylenol when I was pregnant.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• The doctor who is doing this sickens me. She sells this to terrified parents as a cure for the actual condition, when it does nothing to prevent the pain and developmental disorders. The ONLY thing it does is alter hormone levels and make a "more feminine" child. She doesn't even tell the parents about the "feminine" bit, she just tells them she can cure their baby. She's the new Mengele trying to create a straight master race.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:51 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I've heard about this... But, no, there is no way I'd participate. I don't think there's anything wrong with being homosexual, so I know that, when the time comes (my son's only 2 1/2), I will accept my son for who he is, and support him in whatever that is. It means more to me that my child be true to himself, and that he learns that he should want to be accepted for who he is, instead of changing himself to suite the opinions of others.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• no way!
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• never.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I am not really sure. Side effects of something can be great, and if it's currently in study, a person can never be too sure of what it will do when the child gets to be at teen age. I don't think so, I am not saying that I want my child to be homosexual, but what if it doesn't work and you end up disappointing anyway. I don't understand why people think it's a horrible thing, I would love my child no matter what, and can't understand those that kick the child out of their life, or try to ignore who they really are.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010