Flying with kids.

I'll be flying from Washington to Georgia in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what I need to be prepared for. How does this processs work? What's going to happen at security and stuff? This is the first time I've flown and the lfight will be six hours long with "in flight services" I have no clue what that means. I'm kind of scared and really nervous so I'd like as much information as possible please. Oh my children will be 6 mos (EBF) and 2 yrs 3 mos when we fly.

GigantaursMommy

Asked by GigantaursMommy at 2:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The two year old will have to walk through the metal detector on his/her own, but you an pack the young one. Look on the website for the airline you're using, they have a section of FAQ and address most of these (I had to look when I flew last with my daughter and the airline had answers for all my questions).
    Have a fun trip!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• breastfeeeding on t he plane will help :) thats all I was told, other than that I have no idea what else will help.
    Oh and for safelt reasons you may want to put your name, you child's name, your address and phone number in your 2 yr old's pocket, just incase. Also have your older one wear brightly colored unique shoes. This was something I learned from a detective for when yo go to crowded places with young children.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I flew with my first son on several ocassions the first year of his life. I think most airlines are the same as far as not making you pay the carry on price for these items: diaper bag, stroller, pac and play, car seat. If you bought tickets for both of them, you can take the infants carrier/car seat on board. If your infant is on formula, put water in bottles without the formula and mix it when needed. I always took a can of formula because you never know what could happen. During take off and landing, have the baby suck on a bottle or pacifier to help with the popping of ears from the pressure changing. In flight services means drinks and snacks, IDK if they still have sandwhiches and things to purchase. But you can pack food and snacks for your kids. Do you have a portable DVD player for the toddler? I would take that deffinately. At boarding they will allow elderly and those with children to board first....
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ....cause lugging all that crap on is hard when the plane is full. IDK if your toddler will be okay, but if you have concerns of their nervousness, you may ask you pediatrician if he can have anything to help him relax during the flights. Mine was still little, but the last flight he was over a year and walking.....it was a pain in the butt. He didn't want contained in our row LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ask for some help and they should help you out...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:28 AM on Aug. 16, 2010