Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how can you get infantigo??? my 2 year old son has it..

Answer Question
 
lauren07

Asked by lauren07 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • it's just bacteria, something he picked off the floor, something another kid had, as long as he touched his mouth after touching the bacteria he got it. Luckily my daughter never had it, but I did learn a lot about it. If there is information you would like to know, I will try to help beyond this, I have a book of diseases.
    kbishop8688

    Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 15, 2010


  • Infantigo, more commonly known as impetigo, is a skin infection caused by a staphylococcus (staph) bacterial infection. The contagious form of the infection can be caused by staph or streptococci (strep) bacteria. The bacteria infection is characterized by skin blisters and lesions. Impetigo is most common in children.
    .Causes
    Impetigo is caused by bacteria entering the skin through an open wound or insect bite. Bacteria lives on skin naturally, but can cause an infection once skin has broken. Once the bacteria is inside the body, it produces a toxin that splits the skin open and causes the rash seen with the infection. This broken skin is the first symptom of the disease.
    .

    MTM

    Answer by MTM at 2:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • I'm so worried that my 3 yr old is going to get it, im worried that i will get it and im 9 wks pregnant..
    lauren07

    Comment by lauren07 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • Just make sure you don't kiss him on the mouth, and that hands are washed after touching anything. That is the best way to avoid coming in contact with it. You don't know where he got it from, but you can prevent getting it yourself, try disinfecting the house with Lysol (not bleach because of the high dose of chemicals you would be breathing in).
    kbishop8688

    Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • I caught it as an adult at a pool. Your ped will give you a special antibiotic cream. Make sure you wash your hands with anti bacterial soap, and keep your childs wounds clean. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but once you get it you're likely to catch it again and again. Invest in a nail brush for your child and make sure he/she washes their hands thoroughly. GL
    Austinsmom35

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • from pool locker rooms, farm animals,,it is very contages and spreads,,they would need to get medication for it right away,,and cant go by any other kids or people to it goes away..
    angelairelan

    Answer by angelairelan at 9:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN