I need help FAST My son's stomach is rock hard he hadn't pooped in five days and I gave him a Laxative tonight and he went a ltille but that's it. Also I have giving him Apple juice and everything. WHAT DO I DO?? He is 2 1/2 months old.

FAST, son in pain, poop

Huntersmom18

Asked by Huntersmom18 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give him papaya no bananas and pure apples no juice also georges aloe vera from henrys thats the only one i get so its the only one i know is safe that one taste like water give him 2 small sips for like 3 days and he should go it depends dont give him to much or he will get diarrah give him lots of distilled water and less dairy
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• oh wait hes 2 and half months old then erase that talk to his peditriction but still give him the distilled water it should help a little not sure for that age though sorry i thought he was 2 and half are you breastfeeding if you are you could intake that stuff and give it to him
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Well...at this point there isn't much you can do. You don't really want to piggy back laxatives because you run the risk of dehydrating him. Constipation really isn't every a serious issue. We just get so crazy about it because we think it's "healthy" to poop everyday. My son was chronically constipated for about a few weeks when he was 6 months old. He would go a week to a week and a half without pooping. You also don't want to give too much water because their systems just aren't ready for a lot of it. If your son isn't in any pain right now or doesn't seem ill at all I would wait and call your pedi in the morning. Good luck!
    kjdemass

Answer by kjdemass at 12:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I had the same problem with my baby when he was 2 months old. My babies doctor told me to give him prune juice and kayro syrup twice a day. i gave him the syrup im the morning and the prune juice at night. it really did help out alot. before i started that he always had a hard time going but now he has no problems at all.
    crissyt2006

Answer by crissyt2006 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• sugar water and kayro syrup and water both work wonders!!!!!and works quick
    2MammaBoys

Answer by 2MammaBoys at 1:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Good answer crissey2006! I used to give my children Karo{dark} when they were small. 1/2 tsp in a four ounce bottle of water. The prune
    juice warm is another good remedy. Another good thing is to get him to relax. I always gave my son a warm soothing bath-they have bath products that induce relaxation now! It will help to relax his muscles-if it works it can get messy. Sorry? These are good remedies, but I would contact his doctor if he doesn't respond soon.
    MizzT

Answer by MizzT at 1:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• take that baby to the doctor
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• prunes!
    cielavie

Answer by cielavie at 1:41 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• FROM MY EXPERIENCE MIGHT NOT BE IN YOUR CASE BUT WHEN ONE OF MY TWINS STARTED TO CRY LIKE HE WAS CONSTIPATED OR HAD BAD GAS I FIRST THOUGHT OF PRUNE JUICE AND SUPPASOTORY, HE WAS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD, BUT THEN STARTED THROWING UP GREENLIME VOMIT, THATS WHEN I FREAKED OUT ,I RUSHED HIM TO THE HOSPITAL AND THEY COULD NOT FIND NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM, BUT THE REASON I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE IT IS BETTER TO GET HIM CHECK OUT THAN TO BE SORRY LATER. THE DOCTORS LOST MY BABY TWICE AND THE LAST TIME IT TOOK THEM AROUND 45 MINUTES TO BRING HIM BACK, AND THROU ALL THIS THEY STILL COULD NOT FIND NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM SO THEY RUSHED HIM INTO EMERGANCY OPERATION, ALL THEY FOUND WAS PUSS ALL OVER HIS INTESTANCE BUT NO SIGN OF WERE IT CAME FROM, IF I WOULD OF WAITED ONE MORE DAY MY BABY WOULD NOT BE HERE.
    lovemy5bless

Answer by lovemy5bless at 2:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Have you ask your doctor about using something like Benefiber? Our first granddaughter had this problem. She struggled with bowel trouble from her birth. It was horrible. We used to have to take her to the doctor and he would actually use his figer to remove some of the poop. She would cry and at time even bleed when she went. We started giving her Benefiber and it has helped her so much. today she is seven and take Benefiber everyday and only occassionally has trouble...usually if she has missed a few days without the fiber therapy. Ask your doctor about this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Jun. 30, 2008