did Hitler feel he was a Christian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes he was a Christian.

Hitler believed that Christ was his Lord and Saviour. So technically (like him or not, what he did or not) he was a Christian. If I remember correctly ( I haven't been in a History class in a couple of decades.. lol) Hitler was a bapitised Roman Catholic, he was even an alter boy.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Hitler was a fan of Nietzche and was raised by a Christian family. I don't know about his feelings, but his works were not Christian. You can only know a tree by it's fruit.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:36 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Hitler was raised in the Catholic Church but all accounts show he was influenced by Pan-Germanism which was anti Catholic. He used Christianity somewhat to garner support in his early rise to power. He was not a believer in organized religion.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• were a way of manipulating the people to get them to follow him. He used it to his advantage.

I feel the same way about the "Muslim Extremists".......They were manipulated for a political purpose under the guise of religion and Islam....

It isn't new and it isn't indicative of eithe particuliar religion

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Hitler may have called himself a Christian...but he was not a true follower of Christ. I can say that I'm bird but it doesn't mean that I'm gonna sprout wings and fly away.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No, I don't believe so, from what I have read about him, he was raised Catholic, but left his beliefs. He apparently was against organized religion, but considered himself some what spiritual. He made conflicting comments, and it is believed that his comments about God, were a way of manipulating the people to get them to follow him. He used it to his advantage. So I have read.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Then why did he gas so many Christians?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• yes Hitler was a Christian
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• hmmm
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I could call myself a bird, a model or a Christian doesn't mean it's true. Hitler, like many, claimed to be a Christian, but he , like many missed the message.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010