So what if he is Muslim?

So what if Obama is Muslim? Muslim does NOT equal terrorist. I don't care how much we talk about separation of church and state, the US is clearly a Christian Nation. To me that is evident every where you look. On our money, our pledge of alligence, our government policies, and legislation. I for one am tired of it, and I think it is well past time that we start truly separating church and state. I think we need to get people into office that aren't blinded by their faith. I truly feel that the Christians are so against Obama because he threatens their faith. Get over it. Someday religion will no longer rule this world. I hope I live to see the day the world is ruled by scientific achievements and facts, rather than political/religious beliefs. That will be such a monumental leap forward for humanity!

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 10:33 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Having Faith is hardly being blind...thats whats wrong with our country...we have taken too much of GOd out of everything.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• why do you think he is Muslim?
    He isn't, not that it matters, as you say.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Obama is not muslim. And who cares if he is? Not all Muslims are terrorists. If we were to base terrorism on religious beliefs than I would assume all Catholics are terrorists because Timothy McVae (OKC Bomber) was catholic! So don't give me this crap about being scared of Obama being a Muslim terrorist because that theory is just plain retarted!!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Like they've said, he's not really Muslim. People have been presented with the facts over and over and over, yet they're STILL using this argument against him.

Off-topic...I also don't like how people say he's not really American.
    Excuse me. He was born in Hawaii.
    If I'm correct, that little island out in the middle of the Pacific is a state. Being born there would make you an American, no? That argument is defunct as well, yet people still feel the need to bring it up.

But OP, I understand what you're saying. I honestly think it'll take a few generations before anyone will even consider separating church and state. We're slowly becoming a more free-thinking, accepting, tolerating nation...but like I said, there are certain age groups that will have to go away and certain age groups that will have to mature before anyone will even think about changing the way things are run. Hopefully we'll see it within our lifetime.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Oh you're so very wrong. One day we WILL have to answer for our actions and taking God out of our everyday life is going to bite some people in the ass. This country was founded on Christian principles. Yes, yes, I know the Pilgrims came over to find freedom of religion, but in the 1700s when this democracy was born, our founding fathers (Washington, Jefferson, Hancock, etc.) were devout Christians who opened up Contintental Congress in prayer and sought the Lord's guidance before making any decisions. Somewhere along the line liberal politically correct people became more concerned about offending the minority versus pleasing the majority and started to remove God little by little. Why do you think we're so bad off now? Take God out of the equation and you get chaos and more chaos.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I don't think he is Muslim. Whether he is Muslim or not makes no difference, the fact that people perceive that he could be Muslim (which is why so many are scared to vote for him), is a step in the right direction if he gets elected. It will push us that much closer to electing a President who is non-religious, or of a non-christian religion in the future. I am thinking more towards the future - and future elections.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:55 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I don't think it was right to take God out of the equation, but then again not everyone in America believes in the same God! And America does allow us the freedom of religion! That is whats so great about this country! You can believe in whatever you believe in and not be executed for it! Atleast...not by law. I know there are some dipshits who beat people up for being Muslim or Jewish or whatever....non-christian.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• To HayleGM, and anonymous, you are blinded by your faith, because you refuse to see that there are so many other possibilities out there. Other beliefs, other explanations. I agree our country was founded on Christian Principles, by Christian people, but there was a reason they put that separation of church and state clause into the constitution. And christians may have been the majority way back then, and they may still be the majority now, but I would be willing to wager that they are just barely so, and over the next generation or so, their numbers will steadily decline as people finally see the truth around them.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• OMG does anybody actually watch the debates and interviews??? Obama is Muslim. His heritage, background...EVERTHING -including the American-hating church he attended. He is evil! I dont care that he is Muslim. If he actually liked Americans and America it would be different but he hates us. He wants to change our constitution. THOSE ARE OUR RIGHTS PEOPLE!!! Do some research before you go running your mouth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• To Imagine:
    Absolutely God should be taken out of the equation. Like you said, not everyone believes in the same God, if they believe in any God at all. So who's to say which god, religious text, principles should be incorporated into government? I say none of them. Or if you must choose one, than I say let it be my god His Noodly Greatness the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2008