Im 24 and pregnant with my 4th child. Is it really that bad? A lot harder?

I keep getting rude comments from friends and family. It really hurts my feelings. I have always wanted a big family and I love my kids. Anyway, those of you with four, is one more much different than 3? I noticed when I had my 3rd, it wasnt as hard as I thought it would be.

bjsgrl

Asked by bjsgrl at 10:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well Congrats - I wish you the best!
    You can do whatever makes you happy!! - People judge way too much!! Honestly, fck em.. lol.. sorry for my "french" but seriously!
    TriciaLynn22

Answer by TriciaLynn22 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• after you hit 3,one more really isn't much different. i have 5. i can't imagine not haveing all my kids,we are very close. for years i only had my 2 girls,i think we're alot happier & closer the more we add. although i think i'm done(for now,lol)
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have five children and I too got rude remarks when I was expecting my last one. I never have figured out why it makes people uncomfortable when a person decides to have a large family. I just tell people that I want to surround myself with people who love me. What better way to do that than to have children. Kids are hard work and there is a lot of room for error but I enjoy my family and seriously after three what's one more?
    TheWilds

Answer by TheWilds at 10:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I personally don't want a humongous family, but I respect your right to have one and so should your family! As long as you are able to support your kids financially and emotionally, I see nothing wrong with it. Look at the bright side...when you get old, you'll have a lot more people that will want to love you and take care of you. You'll be the most beloved member of your family because you'll be the matriarch =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Im only 22 and im on my 3rd pregnancy. I think the only time it's scary is when you have your first child cause your worried about being a good mom.Then when the second comes along you worry about if you can give them both the right amount of attention.But then u realize you can do it so by the time your having your third one you know you can give them all equal attention and you know your going to be a good mom.So i think a 4th will be just as easy so good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'm pregnant with my third and would love to have a fourth. I grew up in a family of 4 and would love for my children to grow up with all the love and support me and my brothers give one another. but like you everybody has negative opinions to my wishes even my husband. but who cares my hubby didin't even want #3 but now is excited to have our first lil girl. it'll all work out. plus your the one caring for them no one else.
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• congrat.... dont listen to them if you want that many then do it . I want 4 kids too ...... i had my to gils very clothes together and alot of people made hatefull comments to me too but i just let it go in one ear and out the other
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I had four by 21 and six by 26. I heard lots of rude comments! # 5 and 6 where so easy to add into our family. I hit maxium overload with 3, survived and now I can take on anything!

Is it the # of kids ore perhaps there are other issues? Like differant dads, puplic assistence? Living arrangements?

If your taking care of you business then let their comments roll off you..if there are true reasons as to why they question your choice, perhaps its time to listen and wait a bit.

Blessing to you!
    HypnoMomma

Answer by HypnoMomma at 7:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008