how do i get my kids to eat veggies?

my kids love fruits they wont eat veggie even when i hide them

teenmommy4ever

Asked by teenmommy4ever at 2:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Keep offering and don't let them have unhealthy stuff instead. Put healthy foods and veggies. They will eventually eat. And they won't starve.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Grate them up and put them in everything. Or puree them and put them in things. You can make smoothies and put 2 fruits in and one veggie, esp carrots. Grated veggies are great in speg sauce or in casseroles.....so good thing fall is around the corner. Casserole time!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:44 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't have to hide veggies, but I do add them - spinach & carrots in smoothies (haven't tried it, but kale & broccoli are supposed to be easy to hide too - blueberries cover up the color of spinach). I make homemade spaghetti sauce from tomatoes, summer squash, eggplant, peppers, onions, carrots, spinach, and whatever else I have & feel like throwing in - I cook it for hours then puree it - the kids love it and eat tons of it. If you shred them up fine you can add them to all kinds of sauces, hamburgers, meatloaf, I've made vegetable soups and pureed that, I add tons of veggies to potato soup and that can be pureed to hide the veggies.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would like to add. My son was picky and hated veggies too. But, I refused to hide it and have him eat it unknowingly. I preferred that he learn to eat them like he should. After offering enough times, he eventually ate them just fine with no hiding, begging or coercing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:22 PM on Aug. 15, 2010