What was your favorite home-made gift ever received?

If you haven't received one you loved, is there anything you would love to receive that was home-made?

Strssdmom72

Asked by Strssdmom72 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My Mother Crocheted me several afghans. She died in March of this year.  Age 67 of Sepsis. (totally preventable) While helping my dad go through ALL the stuff, we found the next afghan she was going to send me for my birthday this year. It was all myfavorite colors instead of her favorites like she usually made me, and it was even large enough to fit on my queen size bed, like I had asked her for many times.  Gift's from the grave.  I'm torn between packing it away or leaving it on the back of the couch where it is right now. Every time i'm chilly and cover up with it, it makes me cry. It's the best thing, homemade I EVER got, or will ever get again!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My mom made me a lot of things throughout my life, but I'd have to say two of my favorite things are a throw blanket and an angel cross-stitch. I have the cross-stitch up in my little room, but I have the throw packed away. I don't want it to get dirty or stained. And my best friend/soul sister made me a necklace with a wolf pendant. I wear it all the time.
    Shayla0208

Answer by Shayla0208 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My daughter has made me a sculpture, a vase and a painting of Amy Lee of Evanescence. Her art projects always turn out beautifully and I'm proud to display them. She's artistic like her mother!
    Tracy67

Answer by Tracy67 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Picture frames with photos of family members. It was covered with antique buttons...just adorable! and easy for kids to make.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008