Are frequent yeast infections during pregnancy normal?

I had one towards the beginning of my pregnancy, then I felt like I had another one a few weeks ago so I used an OTC treatment and felt fine but now I feel like Im getting one again! I will be asking my doctor, just curious if anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• Yes they are normal as well as Bladder and Kidney Infections. It's a pain in the azz, but just go to your doctor and he can prescribe you something that will be safe for pregnancy.
    Sexymom75

Answer by Sexymom75 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I got them ALOT, and my doctor sadi it was normal b/c all your stuff is outta whack when ur pregnant. But it's always good to go to a doc and get it checked out =]
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 1:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I never had one during pregancy. I just had one for the first time in my life after taking antibiotics for tooth infection.
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Yes they are normal, but you shouldn't self diagnose yourself, see the Doctor before you try over the counter remedies, especially while you're pregnant.
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 11:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I had 12 with my first pregnancy pretty much I had an infection for the whole 9 months lol. But, I didn't get any with my second pregnancy.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I had a lot with my first daughter. Eat yogurt. Your hormones are all crazy, that is why it happens. If you have sex, have him pull out and try to keep your southern areas dry.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• was for me.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2008