for those who went to church this morning...

Praise the Lord! did you enjoy your service? What was it about?

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• sadWe overslept this morning and missed church. I was excited too because there was going to be a new series starting today and my son was going to be able to move up to his new room at church.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Church isn't a building. The Bible says that where 2 or more are gathering in His name, so is He. I watched it on tv. It was about Grace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ok...for those who HAD church this morning then. anon, who were you gathered with?
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I went to the Church in my back yard, sat and had coffee in a cool breeze listening to the birds and the little critters go about their day. I put out the leftover popcorn and stale bread so they could have an easy meal on this beautiful morning. I thought about how lucky I am that I have two healthy, smart kids and a hubby that loves and takes care of us. I gave thanks for the health and safety of my friends and family. I reflected on the wonderful family oriented week of camping we just had together. I felt the warm embrace of the energy of the sun as it rose over the trees.... and I felt loved, I felt content and at peace within myself. I love my Church, and I love being Pagan!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 3:31 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Our family enjoyed Mass. The first reading was from Revelations 12 (...A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman 2 clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars...), the second reading was from 1 Cor 15 (...Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through man, the resurrection of the dead came also through man. For just as in Adam all die, so too in Christ shall all be brought to life, but each one in proper order...). The Gospel reading came from Luke 1 (...Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb....My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my Savior for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant. From this day all generations will call me blessed...)

We also received registration papers for Sunday School starting in a few weeks.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 5:02 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Our AM service was about being still and waiting for God to answer. Scripture was Habakkuk 1:1-2:1
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i honestly can't recall. we visited a new church (episcopal), and they didn't have any group/class for ds/5yo, so he had to sit with us...i practically wrestled him the entire time. he was quiet, but busy and bored, nonetheless. i was constantly tending to him. the service was not exciting or animated, rather traditional and slow...i must admit, i got nothing from the service. :(
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• we started a new young adults class so that was fun. its based off a book and it will be a discussion class so im excited to start. my dad preached on the 3 points to prayer; specifying what you need from God, earnestly praying for what you need, and expecting to get an answer (even if its no). it was based on our friend who recently based from a brain tumor (no one knew what to pray for) and 2 brothers who both passed from cancer this past week. and that the church is having leadership problems so he wanted the church to do their part by praying for the church. all and all it was interesting if nothing else.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:37 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We went, Sunday school has been a summer long series on creation vs evolution, it's the Ken Hamm series. Very cool and very interesting. Then the sermon was about evangelism. Sharing our love for the Lord with others that we love, even though it's scary, there are things that are comfortable that we can do to take part in that part of what God has called us to do, being a witness. Uplifting as always. I love my church. We just started going to a baptist church about 3.5 months ago and my husband and I both have a renewed passion for Christ and have seen huge changes in our lives that is only due to God's grace and it's so exciting.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• didnt make it thi weekend but the msg was on love...havent finished listening to the podast
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:09 AM on Aug. 16, 2010