Waxing/hair removal.

I want to start waxing, at home. What products work best? Nair? Veet? Lavender at home salon wax kit? Any help will do! even homemade products?

LA09TKP

Asked by LA09TKP at 3:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i use nair products they have a wax that you melt in the microwave then it hardens and you dont have to use a strip, also they have alot of sensitive area products, if you dont want to spend a whole bunch of money i would go with nair, thats all i use and i work in a salon :)
    Paige-0

Answer by Paige-0 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nair as in the bottle that is like a gel stuff? with cocoa butter, or baby oil?
    LA09TKP

Comment by LA09TKP (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• well they make wax and it comes in a bowl too
    Paige-0

Answer by Paige-0 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Hmm. Didnt see that kind. Ill have to find it. Thanks. =)
    LA09TKP

Comment by LA09TKP (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• You can go to Sallys and pick up great professional wax products for decent prices. I have a Gigi Honee pot and I use their hemp wax pots. They work so much better than "home" products!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• you may want to take a quick course on how to wax first... if you don't do it properly you won't get the desired results you want. If you take the course, you can also save a lot of money on the products (even start a waxing at home business if you wanted).. learn about the best waxing techniques for different area's of the body, how to properly apply the wax and properly remove it.. etc.

if you aren't interested in the course, you can feel free to pm me and I'll give you some start up tips for different areas of the body.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Nair
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Which Nair works best? I want to do it, but I dont want to like buy something.....that ya know, wont work. And I know their shower power stuff didnt work. =) lol. So if you could be specific to which kind you use that would be great. =)
    LA09TKP

Comment by LA09TKP (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Be careful with Nair if you have sensitive skin. I tried it and it wasn't two minutes in and my skin started burning. I washed it off (the hair was still there!) and there were tiny little spots all over my arms that looked like little cuts. The crap melted my skin. It was scabbed over for a week and a half.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Fresh
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:53 PM on Aug. 17, 2010