What is the oddest place that you got a recipe from?

My husband reads the DragonLance series and they came out with a book that has more details about the world, the customs, and the history. They also had a few recipes that was mentioned in the books. My husband begged me to make one of the recipes and it surprisingly turned out good. So, what is the oddest place that you got a recipe from?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 3:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Out of the wall...we are rennovating our 100 year old home and while taking down the old plaster in the dining room I found old newspapers. One of them had a recipe in it for green tomato bread.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• not too strange, but off of bags of chips
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Disneyland- I bought a cookbook with recipes from all the restaurants at the various theme parks.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• A locksmith website (it works a lot like cafemom, but it's for locksmiths, kind of funny). My dad's a locksmith and came across it, and gave it to me - it's for a cake and I'm the caker in the family.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• scout mom, that is awesome!
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010