How do you make children go to sleep when it's bed time? adult content

2be4u

Asked by 2be4u at 3:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I tell her it's jammie and teeth brushing time, then tell her it's bedtime. She knows not to cause bedtime problems because she will loose something the next day. She's really good at listening and following the rules.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I can't make a child go to sleep. But I can make them stay in bed. We have a bedtime routine -- shower, put on pjs, story and prayer, snuggles and a kiss, then it's lights out. If they get out of bed after that, there are consequences (losing something they want the next day). They go to sleep on their own.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Ill say g2 sleep with them..turn off everything off so there's no distractions
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Let them know what time is bedtime and give them some warning so they what will be happening. It's probably best to have some sort of routine- kids need structure
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• teeth, potty, story by 8:30 and some classical music i started this the second night he came back from his dad's and it's been working great
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• She usually takes bath, then gets dressed, brushes teeth, says "night, night" to everyone and goes to bed with her musical seahorse, washcloth, stuffed monkey, and binki.

After that we usually don't hear a peep out of her unless she has a bad dream or something scares her and then its just about comfort and making her feel secure until she falls asleep again.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Have a routine. Bath, snack, teeth, story
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I start doing they're bed time ruitine. Let them know its time for bed. My boys like bed time because I told them when they sleep they grow big and strong. I tuck them in, maybe a story, and turn the lights out.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my seven year old is in bed at 9 and may stay up reading as long as he wishes.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:49 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My daughter used to have a really hard time listening when it came to bed time. I made a schedule for her to loosely follow through out the day, so she is used to going to bed at 8:30 every night, even the weekends. I tuck her in, sit in the room with her and read her a good story (winnie the pooh is her fav) and give hugs and kissies. if she decides to act up, everytime i have to correct her she looses a toy for the next day. i keep taking one toy away until she quiets down and behaves. I normally never have to take a toy away :)
    Ktschudi1979

Answer by Ktschudi1979 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 16, 2010