Realistically, not idealistically

which is a bigger factor in getting elected (or re-elected) - how much money you can raise or your campaign rhetoric? Can a good line of bs overcome million dollar contributions?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:41 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Money trumps all, realistically.
    This applies to many, many situations in life.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Money is what gives them the ability to spread their rhetoric (no matter how full of crap they are) far and wide, and expose themselves to more people so they can hear their BS.

Money...

Money gives the ablity to put the rhetoric in a pretty package, and get that pretty package out to millions upon milllions of people to eat up and swallow.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We have all heard the saying, "money talks, bs walks". I'm not saying I agree, but it has become somewhat of a truism.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I think the money is crucial, but you could have a candidate with a ton of money, but not the MOST money - and because of everything he promises he ends up winning. I guess it would have to be the combination!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:11 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I really think the better line of bullshit can get you the biggest amount of money.

We all saw the last election.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Depends, I think Clinton picked the perfect theme song and that helped him.....

But without MONEY people don't always hear your message (or RHETORIC)

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I dont know. I mean that guy in NC (?) won his primary and he did NOTHING so I guess thats proof that you can still get in without all the funding.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It was in South Carolina.....not NC. And he was a fluke....and lately has been accused of some minor crime.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• gertie41: he isn't charged with a minor crime. He is charged with a felony. He is accused of showing porn to a student at a college student. Here are 2 sources: one more liberal, the other, well, less liberal:)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37589451/38591634

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/13/grand-jury-indicts-senate-candidate-alvin-greene-obscenity-charge/

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Sorry...SC. Hence the question mark. This question wasnt about a crime or not. It asked

Apperently YES, a good line of BS CAN over come millions. It worked for the guy in SOUTH Carolina :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 15, 2010