Braxton Hicks Already??

I am 28 weeks this week and I keep feeling my belly tighten. It just did it like 5 minutes ago. It didn't hurt or last very long but i could definently feel it. Is that normal at 28 weeks? If so or not when should I be worried?

ladybugky88

Asked by ladybugky88 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• what # baby is this for you they start earlier with each babie
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• This is number 3 for me. I had my first on time and then my second at 34 weeks so everything is scaring me this time because I know that I am at risk for another early baby!!!
    ladybugky88

Comment by ladybugky88 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would see a doctor the more children you have the more aware you are but because of your previous pregnancies you should'nt risk it.
    DACIA79

Answer by DACIA79 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• yep, that's normal. my midwife told me it's not that it's necessarily happening early but with 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, you just know what it feels like and recognize it sooner.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i started having them about 20 weeks. my dr said it's normal but if i have more than 4 an hour to go to the hospital. make sure you are hydrated and not over worked too. and dont be afraid to call your doctor!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Another thing that can induce those braxton hicks is, dehydration.. With my second child i experienced them early on and would go to the er thinking i was going into labor and come to find out i was dehydrated.

http://www.tummywear.org/dehydration-during-pregnancy.php
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 15, 2010