SHould Alcohol and smoking be considered as a drug?

To me Marijuanais a mind altering drug. Should we think the same of ALcohol and smoking?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Health

• I believe alcohol and marijuana are on the same level, ie being drunk is similar to being high. Cigarettes are not mind altering and don't impair judgement, just a terrible addiction.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I think so because they are addictive.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• They both are drugs..............................

Legally speaking they are considered drugs.. But not a narcotic.. Marijuana is considered by law to be a narcotic on the level of Heroin (which it is no where in the same league, hell not even in the same realm of being alike)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• They are drugs. They are just "socially acceptable" drugs because of the past history of this nation. Marijuana used to be legal. Actually cigarettes are worse for you than pot. And alcohol alters your senses worse than alcohol.....anyone can argue with me on that. I have a concentration in Substance Abuse in my bachelors degree of Rehabiitative Sciences. Over the years marijuana has been altered as well, making it have more potency than long ago. But any substance is a drug.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:20 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Cigarettes are not a mind-altering drug, but alcohol in my opinion definitely is.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:00 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• yeah pretty much.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:30 PM on Aug. 15, 2010